Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1981 Seca 750 that sat in storage for a while. It would not start so I figured the gas went bad and the carbs would have to be taken apart and cleaned. There is a screen on the bottom of the float needle seat. Unfortunately, the plastic piece that holds the screen onto the seat broke on one of them. Is there somewhere that I can buy those plastic pieces (without buying a complete carburetor rebuild kit)? Is it necessary to have those screens if I have an inline gas filter between the gas tank and the carburetors?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lesblank.

Unfortunately, the 1st one in your post does not include the screen, which is really what I need. The 2nd one has a much different screen than mine (smaller flat screen vs a larger "bubble" screen). Since you pointed out that it has to do with fuel flow, I would think that all four need to be the same, so to replace all four with that one would cost about the same as buying a full repair kit.

Having said that, you did point me in a direction to find less expensive full repair kits than I had found on amazon so it is now worth buying the complete kit just for the screens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts