Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 yamaha r6s that sat for a couple of years and wanted to get it on the road this year. To get it road ready I replaced the plugs, battery, air filter, brake fluid, coolant, oil and filter. I pulled the tank to clean it since it sat for a while and ordered a new fuel pump. In my haste and excitement to get it running(and lack research) I cut the check valve for the return line and superglued it into place on the new pump. hooked it all up and fired it up! started on the third try and all was good until it started spewing gas from the return line. Does anyone know a part# or website to find/order a new one? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
First off, not familiar with the product. But let me start out by saying, I'm not following what was done? How is it that there is no part number for something that needs to be cut out? Strange how I see the new one and there is no part number for something to drop down as a blowout in the drawing?

You have the correct pump? See 15 and 21 are sort of that dropdown of parts to go with 15? I don't see a dropdown for the part you are holding. To cut it out and not a twist off? I think they ordered the wrong part for you?

Or I may have the wrong lookup page?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I spoke to someone at partzilla and they told me that was the pump i needed (14B-13907-21-00) but it doesnt come with the return line check valve. I assumed you could order the valve separately and install, but you cant. I spoke to someone at yamaha and the correct pump is (5PW-13907-03-00) it comes with the valve installed and is like twice the price. hope this saves someone a headache lol.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts