Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to the forum and need some advise....i have a 03 wolverine 350 and i want to get some more power out of it but keep it reliable. i was thinking an .020 or a .040 overbore(compression?? should i keep it at 9.2-1 or what) with a stock 350 raptor cam or a hot cam stage 2 warrior cam any advise would be great

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Hello ersala,

Welcome to YF! It all depends. What do you have done to the bike performance wise already? I would definately keep it at the stock compression. That way you dont have to buy race gas. Which is a pain and expensive.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
The pipe is gonna wake it up big time. Next on the list would probably be air filter. I use a uni in my warrior witha a removed airbox lid. Like Moto Mav says keep stock compression. If your still looking for more after the filter and stuff go with the stage 1 cam. Stage 2 requires head work unless your willing to get into that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i forgot i do have the k&n air filter in.....i when i put the pipe ill see if i want more power out of it....i didnt know that i needed head work for stage 2 cam but well see when or if i get there...i do the machining at my school for free...but im going to take your advise and see what the pipe gets me thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Hello http://yamahaforum.com/forums/members/ersala89.htmland welcome to YF! -

If the engine is running well and unless you want to "hang it out on the edge" to pickup more horsepower, I would leave the cylinders alone until they have wear that says they need to be bored.

I would work with the cam, carburetor and exhaust. All of those are bolt ons and if you do it carefully and watch the heat on the plug you won't destroy anything. You should get about a 15% increase. You can always do a lot with gearing if you're good at that sort of thing.

As far as the compression I would see what you have with the changes in the other components. Those will affect what you get into the cylinder = affects final compression. If you're still looking then you can think about different performance pistons, etc. Again, I would stick to bolt ons that can be changed back.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts