Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 00 v star 650 and I'm get a bad fuel leak when I start it. The hose it's coming from runs down between the bowls of the carbs and to a bracket but nowhere from there. It's almost like an overflow but I can be certain because I'm horrible at reading bike schematics. I believe it might be due to a carb needle float not working properly. The bike only sat for 1 month before purchase and everything else works like brand new. Any ideas unto what my problem is? View attachment 1496 View attachment 1497

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 Yamaha 650 V Star and have a fuel leak from the drain hose attached to the carbs, so I took the seat and air vents off, opened the carbs and am looking at the floats as the problem. From here, I need advice also. I think I will order new floats and my understanding is that may solve the problem but they need very fine tuning I read. Any advice from someone who has done this will help.

·
Super Moderator
513 Posts
Thank you. I am in the process of doing that and will let you know the results. Thank you once again.
If you continue to have flooding I would check and/or replace the needle and seat. Don't get a cheap aftermarket one of Amazon or whatever either. Trust me, they are junk. Find a OEM Yamaha set.
Also make sure the float is not cracked, basically make sure it floats....
Hopefully like Les said it's just stuck with gunk and a good cleaning will fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you continue to have flooding I would check and/or replace the needle and seat. Don't get a cheap aftermarket one of Amazon or whatever either. Trust me, they are junk. Find a OEM Yamaha set.
Also make sure the float is not cracked, basically make sure it floats....
Hopefully like Les said it's just stuck with gunk and a good cleaning will fix it.
Great advice and I will find out shortly as I try to find the time, but it is nice to know that someone like yourself took the time to advise me on a subject I know little about. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts