Teaching some one to ride - Page 2 - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
The YF Old Git

Garage
Send a message via MSN to JimR
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
I don't know about cheaper. I'm sure the flight over here would kinda cancel out the cheaper idea. Also keep in mind, that each state has a different test. California for example is insanely hard to pass on a SS bike, whereas here in Illinois it's possible
Hi Chris,
£100 flight then as long as the hotel costs don't cost to much and the test cost is say $100 I guess that would be less than the £1000 it would cost here plus you get a bit of a holiday out of it !
Regards Jim

https://yamahaforum.com/forums/member...ure31t-tzr.jpg The TZR does a 100mph in second and 100 to a gallon of fuel
stop being boring !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

The test (here in Illinois costs nothing). The biggest problem you will probably run into is the fact that you need to live in the state that you are applying to get a license in. Here are the things you will need in order to get a drivers license: Required documents
Keep in mind that you need a permit first and also the things I am showing you only apply to Illinois and rules/regulations change by state

post #13 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
The YF Old Git

Garage
Send a message via MSN to JimR
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
The test (here in Illinois costs nothing). The biggest problem you will probably run into is the fact that you need to live in the state that you are applying to get a license in. Here are the things you will need in order to get a drivers license: Required documents
Keep in mind that you need a permit first and also the things I am showing you only apply to Illinois and rules/regulations change by state
Hi Chris,
so you need
Duplicate/Corrected Drivers License/Identification Card: An applicant applying for either a duplicate or corrected Drivers License or Identification Card must present one form of identification from Group A, and at least one form from either Groups B, C, or D. Temporary Visitor's Driver's License applicants are not required to present documents from group C. Instead, they shall submit a letter on Social Security Administration letterhead, issued 90 days prior to the date of application, verifying ineligibility for a social security number.
Groups A & B
I-688
(Temporary Resident Card)
Group C doesn't apply
Group D
An address in the state (most difficult one) unless you can use a hotel address
what's your thoughts ?
Regards Jim

https://yamahaforum.com/forums/member...ure31t-tzr.jpg The TZR does a 100mph in second and 100 to a gallon of fuel
stop being boring !

post #14 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Well, he will not be getting a duplicate drivers license. From what I understand, you want to get your stepson a drivers license here instead of in the UK. If that's what you are wanting to do, you will be getting a new drivers license, not a duplicate.
Does your stepson have a credit card that he gets a bill from the company? Because you can use that as proof of residency. What I would try with that, is if you know anyone here, have the credit card company send out the bill to them for a month or two and then this way you can take that into the DMV when you go for the permit and then for the actual drivers license

post #15 of 15 Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM

It's even easier in Wisconsin.

1: Go to DMV and pass Computer-based (Written) test for permit (less than 50 questions) Cost $32 and you only pay if you pass.

2. You can ride whatever you want, however you must ride alone, wear a helmet (until you're licensed), and not ride at night, Then:

Pay $230 and take the basic rider safety course, get your certificate and bypass the road test, or

Take and pass the DMV road test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement