FX Cruiser HO electrical issue - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pecalote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-06-2020, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

FX Cruiser HO electrical issue

I have a 2005 Yamaha Cruiser FX1100 HO.
Bought it used and finally got it started after replacing the jet drive. I thought the motor was locked up, but corrosion had put a lump in the wear ring and motor couldn't turn over. I fixed that with a new wear ring.

NOW... The darn thing won't start - it won't even turn over. Actually, the Multifunction Meter has no power at all except for the little green "security indicator light" that comes on for about 45 seconds when I hook up a battery.
When I place the clip beneath the shut-off switch - - NOTHING -- like the battery is not even connected.
I've been doing research on internet and keep reading about a remote to shut off ignition security system??? The previous owner lost the remote years ago and the ski has been running fine without it.
Can someone smarter than me tell me what to look for to get this beast going again????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-06-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecalote View Post
Bought it used and finally got it started after replacing the jet drive. I thought the motor was locked up, but corrosion had put a lump in the wear ring and motor couldn't turn over. I fixed that with a new wear ring.

NOW... The darn thing won't start - it won't even turn over. Actually, the Multifunction Meter has no power at all except for the little green "security indicator light" that comes on for about 45 seconds when I hook up a battery.
When I place the clip beneath the shut-off switch - - NOTHING -- like the battery is not even connected.
I've been doing research on internet and keep reading about a remote to shut off ignition security system??? The previous owner lost the remote years ago and the ski has been running fine without it.
Can someone smarter than me tell me what to look for to get this beast going again????
I don't know anything about this but if you are reading about needing a remote to start it and the old owner said no, well they might be lying.

This forum is pretty dead, is there a waverunner forum out there? If you haven't looked you should. Good luck.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-07-2020, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Thank you.
I'm looking
Warrior_Scott likes this.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-18-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecalote View Post

I inherited a 2007 fx cruiser ho, and yes you need a remote to turn on and off the security alarm. It sounds like maybe it got activated for some reason.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-23-2020, 09:20 PM

If it has sat long enough to seize the jet pump, than it has sat long enough without power to it for the ski to re lock itself. I have seen multiple that have sat for long periods of time lock themselves, and the receiver that talks to the remote also goes bad. I would recommend taking it to a yamaha shop and just ask them to try unlocking it. It doesnt take longer than 5 minutes to hook up the remote programmer and try using a remote to unlock them, and if the reciever its self is bad, its right in the front anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement