No oil in 2015 VX deluxe - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2020, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

No oil in 2015 VX deluxe

I had my 2015 VX Deluxe winterized last year and when I got home I checked the oil reservoir and saw it was completely empty. I took some pictures of it and went back and talked to the dealership who did the winterization. They said that is completely normal because the oil has to be checked after running the vehicle for several minutes before checking the oil. They told me “gravity eventually wins and drains all the oil to the lower part of the engine”. I can’t find any resources online that indicate the oil reservoir should be completely empty, with no oil in it at all. This makes me very suspicious. Is it normal for there to be no oil at all until the engine is run for 5 to 10 minutes, or am I right to be suspicious? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkg110291 View Post
I had my 2015 VX Deluxe winterized last year and when I got home I checked the oil reservoir and saw it was completely empty. I took some pictures of it and went back and talked to the dealership who did the winterization. They said that is completely normal because the oil has to be checked after running the vehicle for several minutes before checking the oil. They told me “gravity eventually wins and drains all the oil to the lower part of the engine”. I can’t find any resources online that indicate the oil reservoir should be completely empty, with no oil in it at all. This makes me very suspicious. Is it normal for there to be no oil at all until the engine is run for 5 to 10 minutes, or am I right to be suspicious? thanks.
Sounds like a good time to read the owners manual, maybe it's in there. I say this because if I knew I would tell you and I doubt anyone will respond, this board is pretty dead.

Also, the oil should be changed every year anyway, no matter the mileage. This is true of most any engine.

https://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/owner-ma...2XF819970E.PDF
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2020, 08:43 AM

I had the exact same issue with a 2007 FX HO. The oil tank will be completely dry after a couple of days. When I start the ski, it refills to the correct level and there are no leaks. I have another exact model and tank stays filled. I get an alarm when I first start since the tank is dry. Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement