2000 big bear 350 carb - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2020, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

2000 big bear 350 carb

What carbs are compatible with a 2000 350 big bear. The OEM # is 4UM-14101-01-00, but I can not find this number anywhere online other than the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLMoose View Post
What carbs are compatible with a 2000 350 big bear. The OEM # is 4UM-14101-01-00, but I can not find this number anywhere online other than the dealer?
On that old machine I doubt you will find one. Why not just look by application? (make,model)
There are aftermarket carbs available online, ebay will probably show a few. I don't know how good they are though.
Any reason you can't fix yours?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carb-Yamaha...4524#vi-ilComp
post #3 of 4 Old 10-18-2020, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply

Only reason I decided to replace it is Most of the new carbs are nearly the same price as the kit. Only thing is I can't find one for the year 2000. I can find them from the 80's to 1999 (I suspect the 99 model will fit, but just figured I would make sure). Only 2000's listed are for wolverines. Judging from that engine model, I assume it will fit OK. The carb on your link is the the correct carb either. Just curious as to why the 2000 350 is so hard to find.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLMoose View Post
Thanks for the reply

Only reason I decided to replace it is Most of the new carbs are nearly the same price as the kit. Only thing is I can't find one for the year 2000. I can find them from the 80's to 1999 (I suspect the 99 model will fit, but just figured I would make sure). Only 2000's listed are for wolverines. Judging from that engine model, I assume it will fit OK. The carb on your link is the the correct carb either. Just curious as to why the 2000 350 is so hard to find.
When I looked they all seem to be 400's in that year??? Is that the problem? They made very few 350's but lots of 400's??
weird....

Remember, a cheap carb is going to be a copy from China, I think I would get a stock needle and seat and anything else like a float and gasket aftermarket cause they are VERY exspensive OEM. As for jets just clean them.

Also, you could ask the dealer's parts guy if the carb is the same as the 99, they could tell you for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement