FZR 600 Cyl #3 not firing/no spark? - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-02-2020, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

FZR 600 Cyl #3 not firing/no spark?

OK here is a strange one on a '94 FZR600- Cyl #3 appears to be getting no spark- at least an inductive timing
light pickup placed over the wire shows no spark while the other 3 cylinders do. Sometimes cylinders 2&3 both
stop showing spark while 1&4 continue to work. What's been changed so far- both coils and plug wires, the stator cover mounted pickup, the digital ignition box. We've checked continuity on the signal wire from the pickup to the box and from the box to coil and the power wire on both coils shows 12V. Not sure where to go next. I'm wondering if we're not checking correctly- the coil should send voltage down the plug wire regardless of the state of the rings or whether or not the carb needs
cleaning (it probably doesn't- the bike hasn't been sitting. The problem popped up as my friend (i'm not the owner) was starting the bike to leave work one day a few weeks ago.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

thanks!
bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement