Legit really interesting! Not your everyday bike... - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-06-2020, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Legit really interesting! Not your everyday bike...

***BACKGROUND***

Hey guys, very seasoned rider (i daily drive my bikes I don’t have a car). I run my own repair shop and I’m very mechanically inclined.

***BACKSTORY***

Beginning of this season, I’ve obtained a naked (no plastics) perfectly mechanically sound 1997 yzf750r and it’s the love of my life (last season my daily was a 91 fzr600) never will I ever own anything besides a Yamaha.

Now that’s just the start....

Since I’ve owned this it was a street fighter. However I was out for a different route... so me being me I had to go big or go home. I have parts on parts on parts on parts, from everything you could imagine (I have my own shop) and I’m that “I’ll make it work guy” (I’ll fix stuff with duct tape, bubblegum sprinkled with hopes and dreams)

So throughout having way to much creativity/ time...

I’ve manufactured a

1997 yzf750r

equipped with:

aftermarket öhlins Fully adj forks (not cartridges) from a newer gsxr600 (these things are like 3500$ new)

gsxr600 front wheel/ brakes

Pirrelli Diablo front tire

Vortex clipons

Brembo rcs19 front master cylinder

Motion-pro throttle assembly

Motion-pro start/killswitch

I believe the rear shock is öhlin as well could be wrong

Re-wired/tucked whole harness replacing upgraded fuse box in process.

530 chain conversion

16tooth front (-0) 47 tooth (+5) rear sprocket (this is = -1+2)

Michelin pilot rear tire

Unsure of engine work if any
(NEVER TOUCHED ENGINE IT RUNS LIKE A TOP NO QUESTIONS ASKED)

But there’s more

So this is essentially a full blown track ready bike that is tuned to me Built by me on one of the best chassis in the bike world. (IMO)

But I couldn’t stop there...
I also chopped the rear of the frame
(Sawzalls Somehow always find a way to attack my bikes LOL)

Then I sported this amazing franken-machine with a full set of 2009 r1 plastics/headlight/taillight assembly (this bike is finer then a parking ticket)

replica Ducati full lcd dashboard.

As well with a frame sand/polish. (Chrome)

Thus “Yamazuki” was born..

Since then I got hit by a Nissan on it but I ditched the bike and ate the impact with 6 broken ribs. In efforts to save my bike (I did)

But momma didn’t raise no sissy.

So 2 weeks later I was riding again, doing about 150ish when My front sprocket threw its nut and snapped my chain (this blew through my plastics like a grenade and whipped my booty on its way out like I was a hot date.... OWCH)

SOoOoOo...... now all that’s really damaged is my brand new plastic kit, and the water pump chain cover (I overnighted this already) not even a big deal. It will be up and running in 2days

Now why am I here?

What my purpose for this post is to seek someone that has experience with a 4hn (yzf750r) engine that’s willing to share their knowledge

becauseeeeee

while doing the W/P removal

I’ve noticed my EXUP valve is deleted/blocked off.. it’s still plugged in electronically just missing cables and physical valve inside of exhaust is gone.

I find this weird due to all the information I find says that this bike will barely run/run like poop without it.

What could be done to this to make it perform 120% all day everyday?

This bike is BEAT on I do not go easy on this bike whatsoever. No spit no sputter no flat spot. It grabs sits your ass and pulls from a dead stop all the way to almost redline 160ish MPH 6th gear.....

I’m just curious. I due plan on swapping my cylinders out to fzr1000 cylinders if possible (if you have knowledge on that please LMK) but if this may been bored w/pistons I may reconsider. (I know that you can’t exactly say “YoU cAnt TeLl iF iT haS pisToNs bEcaUse wE cAnt sEe iT”

IM WELL AWARE YOU CANT SEE IT!!

I’m just wondering if anyone knows how you can just delete this valve with little error when no one one the internet (TO MY KNOWLEGE I DID LOOK PLENTY OF TIMES!!) has confirmed they have. If it’s “impossible to get this to run right without extensive mods then I know I have to look deep into this and see what I’m actually riding.

-thank you
Mr.Yamazuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement